Monday 30 November 2015

My Stock Holdings (November)

November brought down prices of a lot of my stocks, most notably Singapore Post and ST Engineering. I would probably not average down any time soon unless capitulation takes place. At the meantime, their dividends will keep me satisfied. 

I had also bought k1 Ventures at a price of $0.20 on 10 November. This was prior to the capital reduction exercise conducted by the company, in which it gave out $0.015/share to shareholders. k1 Ventures is a investment company and has a great track record of delivering returns to shareholders. It is a bit of a pity that I had noticed this company so late. Between 30 October 2013 to 29 January of this year, the company had return $0.11 of dividends. That's 50% of the price I paid, excluding any capital gains! A risk involved in buying the stock at such a late stage is that most of the monies made from divestment gains had already been given out, hence returns may not be as great as before. Future investments made by k1 Ventures may not be as successful but given the track record, I am willing to place a small amount of money with them in hope of reaping a good returns. However, writing on hindsight with the price standing at $0.183 now, it is unnerving that the stock seem to drop with everything I might touch. The opposite of Midas Touch, perhaps the market is currently not optimal for new investments despite good fundamentals. 



The pie chart shows the current distribution in my portfolio. In the month of November, I received dividends from Keppel Reit and Singpost. Hence the dividends I had received from start of the year to date is $713.19

No comments:

Post a Comment